Come and enjoy a wonderful day (or weekend) out in the countryside learning to draw with Dianne Kelly.
(I guarantee by the end of the day you will be able to draw anything before your eyes)
Absolutely no experience necessary. I will teach you right from the beginning.
- 9 am arrival @ Frogs Hollow Country retreat.
- 9-10 am - Welcome morning tea and discussion on the day’s lesson.
- 10-12.30 pm - drawing around the country side.
- 12.30 - 1.30 pm picnic lunch
- 1.30 - 4 pm drawing and exploring, a/tea served during this time.
- $250 per day per student or
- $450 weekend. Per student (2 days)
- DAY 1 OF WORKSHOP - SATURDAY
- DAY 2 OF WORKSHOP – SUNDAY
- MID WEEK WORKSHOPS BY APPT
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to draw in plein air which means we will be moving from spot to spot learning to draw what is in front of our eyes.
Hills, old sheds, wild flowers, creeks etc
- I will be teaching you how to see the landscape shapes and designs and how to transfer those sections onto your sketch paper so that they are in the correct perspective.
- Rendering techniques with pencil, charcoal, watercolour pencils/crayons, split nib and ink, and fine felt tip pens.
- I will be teaching photography as well, & how to find many different compositions from the one subject.
WHAT MEDIUMS WILL YOU BE HAVING FUN WITH? (included)
- Fine waterproof felt tip pens.
- Split nibs and inks
- Watercolour Pencils
- Watercolour crayons
- Lead pencils
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR DAY?
- All Art materials/papers
- Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea.
- 5 hours of Di’s tuition. 10-4pm
- 493 Yangan Killarney Rd, Emu Vale (Lhs of the road.)
- Brisbane to Aratula (on cunningham highway) 1 hour drive.
- Aratula - Yangan via Freestone. 1 hour drive .
- From Yangan - ‘Frogs Hollow Retreat,’ Emu Vale 5 mins drive on Yangan Killarney Road.